Tuesday, September 1, 2009

No turning back

Well, the die has been cast. I just completed registration for the race. Up to this point it's all been speculation, now I'm in. I was nervous last night thinking about it as I fell asleep, but this morning I am excited.

As silly as it sounds it really helps that I had a good run yesterday. I had a bad one on Sunday and was doubting whether I should do this. If this is any indication of the roller coaster I'm in for it will be interesting. It doesn't matter though now.

On with the training....

5 comments:

  1. Hey Greggie! It's your big sis here making her claim to fame as your first "FOLLOWER"! You know you have my support. I've done a lot of crazy things, but none as crazy as this one! I do know that if you've made the commitment, you'll do your very best to make it happen. You've got the drive and stamina to do it. We'll be cheering you on through training, more training, additional training, some other training, and then even more training to get you there. How about some shorter practice races together prior to September 12th? ...much shorter I'm thinking! Love ya!!! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Its me. I am so excited for you and know you will do a great job. It will actually be like a part time job and I will hold down the fort at home so that you can train, train, train

    We love you
    Ironman's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greg,

    Dad and I are cheering you on. Never in my life would I ever imagine doing what you are doing but know you will put your heart and soul into it and do great.

    With our love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greg,

    I think this is truly inspirational and am so excited for you. I think you have a great support team and I look forward to seeing your results. Can't say I envy the number of hours of training ahead of you, but the end result will be such an amazing accomplishment and a lifetime reward!!!

    Best Wishes in Training!
    Jeanelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Greg,

    This is so awesome!!! Can't wait to help you train! :)

    Mere

    ReplyDelete