Thursday, September 3, 2009

Eye opener

In the 3 1/2 weeks since I made the final decision to do this I have been running pretty consistently. And, that running has made me aware of how lazy I've been over the last several years. Maybe not lazy, but it has definitely opened my eyes to what I can accomplish when I really try.

I was in decent condition when I started, but over the last 3 weeks I have already posted a course best time in the 4 mile route at work and am within about 25 seconds of my best 3 mile time. If that was possible all along what have I been doing? Making excuses, that's what.

Today I had a really good 3 mile run even though I planned to take it a little easy and I didn't feel that strong. That's a good sign because there will be a whole boatload of not feeling all that strong at the end of the triathlon. I'll need lots of runs like today to draw on when it gets down to it.

Finally, my friends Josh and Katie have also entered the race. My conversations with Josh were actually the biggest motivation to do this. We said we were going to and next thing you know we were dumb enough to sign up. Anyhow, Josh started his own blog if any of you are interested. Here is the link: http://gettinchicked.blogspot.com/ By the way, Katie is by far a better triathlete than me and Josh isn't kidding when he says she'll probably beat him too. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1 comment:

  1. Do you be put water or Diet Coke in your camel back / bike water bottle during your training?

    ReplyDelete