Monday, September 14, 2009

Less than one year...

We have passed under the one year banner in the race to the race. Saturday was the actual "unniversary" of the event but I forgot to post. I hope I don't forget to race next year!

So, it's been just over 5 weeks since I decided to give this a go and I continue to make progress. Last week was tough with the holiday and a full day of golf (Progressive scramble event Thursday) but I made it through. I only ran 4 times but I had some good long runs so it works out OK. I have worked up to the point where 4 miles is my short day. That's pretty good (for me) considering it was tough to do 3 a little over a month ago.

My plan is to continue almost exclusively building my running base for the next 4-6 weeks. After that I will get back in the pool and back on the bike trainer. It's tough not doing any biking right now, especially since the weather has been so nice, but I know I need the running base and I need to make good decisions with my time. Plus, any outdoor biking I do right now won't make much difference next spring. I'll just hit the trainer really hard over the winter and get going outdoors when the snow melts (hopefully before May).

4 comments:

  1. Keep Going Strong!! I know you can do it.
    Now that your minimum mileage has exceeded my allowed mileage, I will be cheering you on from the sidelines.You know I am your biggest supporter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I remember the days over at Campus II when we just started to run and now look at you. It's great!! By the way, when you've completed this race does this mean we can go back to having bagels on Friday mornings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greg, keep up the good work. Remember, Dad and I love you very much and admire you for working so hard toward your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are you going to work your ankles with the ripstick?

    ReplyDelete