Thursday, May 20, 2010

Maybe I'll try blood doping

One of life's mysteries: Do you need to be able to perform before you can benefit from performance enhancing drugs?

I am contemplating adding a full cocktail of performance drugs and blood doping to my training. If I couple that with the massive lead I'm planning to get in the swim I should do well.

On a more serious note, Josh told me he read that it takes 6% less effort to run for every 10 pounds you lose. That immediately started me thinking how much weight I could lose before I was so weak I couldn't stand up. I figure 50 pounds will give me a 30% advantage so I have stopped eating, entirely. It's only a matter of time!!! (no pun intended)

Just over 7 weeks until the Musselman half and 16 weeks until the Rev3. I am looking forward to both, although how much I look forward to the Rev3 will depend a lot on how I do at Musselman. It will be nice to have a status check though. It will also be neat to be in such a big race. I really like the energy you feel during those races. A lot different than a solo trail run.

No comments:

Post a Comment