Monday, April 26, 2010

And so it begins...

Yesterday marked the beginning of my "official" 20 week training plan. Although I've already been training for what seems like forever it has sort of been a'la carte up to this point. I think it may be a bit easier now to stay focused. First, because each day is planned in advance. Second, the sheer terror of only being 20 weeks away from the race is very motivating!

I ran 12 miles on the tow path yesterday. That is the longest training run I have ever done. I am pleased because I made it (trying not to think about the fact it's not even half as far as the race!) but also because I don't feel like death today. It was tough, especially the last mile and a half, but I didn't walk and only stopped briefly a couple times to refill my water bottle. I was tired and sore in the afternoon but I am happy with my recovery. Today calls for a 45 minute recovery run so I'll have a better idea then about how I truly feel.

I still have a long way to go and a relatively short time to get there but I am feeling positive at this point. We'll see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing an awesome job!!! Keep up the tough work, I plan on doing some light training with you so let me know what you have coming up. So glad you ar posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will just keep getting easier and easier on you in little ways. The amount of effort you have to give will go through the roof, but so will your ability to cope with it. I dread long runs now much less than the long rides. If you had told me I'd ever say that, I would have said you were nuts. Pretty soon, the long rides won't seem so bad either.

    ReplyDelete