Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Still Couging

It's gotten to the point that I hardly even notice the cough any more. It has become normal, sort of like breathing, so I am ignoring it. It's not a bad cough, it just won't go away.

In spite of the cough I did my first Saturday morning triple workout over the weekend. I did a spinning class first, then I swam 2000 meters, then I went to Bootcamp where ironically enough we ran! Sort of a mini triathlon only out of order. I hope to do more of these in the coming weeks/months. I can't this Saturday because we are helping Janet move but I may try to at least do spinning before we go.

The swim was surprisingly easy, especially since I haven't been in the pool in months. Before I started I hoped to get at least 1000 meters in but I felt really good so I kept going. I did start to get fatigued at the end, but it's a good sign.

And finally, yesterday I went out for my first run over 5 miles in about 3 weeks (6.5). I felt pretty good and held a decent pace but I definitely could tell I've lost a little bit. I am sure this will not be the only bump in the training road between now and next September, but I hope there aren't too many or that any of them is too tough. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing Great!!! I can tell you are a much stronger runner now. You are an athlete on the way to a huge milestone in your life! Be as proud of yourself as I am when I tell people that my husband is training for an IRONMAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeeeeeoooo! Geeeeeeooooo! Geeeeeeoooo! Geeeeeeooooo! That's motivation for the swim. Bring back memories of Roseberry? Alan

    ReplyDelete